posted by dopweb 27/05/2020
Because a responsive website means that you can build a website which will also be available in friendly versions all screens " - and all mobile apps and web screen resolutions.
In this article, you will learn more about responsive website design and why it is essential for the user experience that you provide on your website. We will review these key points together:
Also known as RWD, responsive website design is simply a setup that allows the sending of the same HTML code to all devices in the use of cascading style sheets (CSS). Because of CSS, your website design can alter the rendering of the page to fit a particular device's screen pixel-width.
The idea is that a responsive website allows the same user experience on whatever the device, preserving the content marketing and website design as much as possible from device to device.
In other words, anything less than responsive website design is no longer enough. It's the only website design format that should be used on the internet from now on.
The good news is that a responsive website doesn't require web development services for codes to be written on every device and format out there. Tags are added to the original HTML in your website design to give browsers the necessary instructions and adaptability for adjusting dimensions and scaling the page.
- In 2 years tablet internet consumption grew by 30%, smartphone internet consumption grew by 78% (between 12/2013 and 12/2015).
- If a website's images don't load or are thought to load too slowly, 39% of people will leave; 40% of people left a site if it took more than 3 seconds to load; 47% of people expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- Mobile devices now account for nearly 2 of every 3 minutes spent online. Expect mobile devices to reach 79% of global internet by the end of 2018. The future is definitely going mobile.
- 13% of adults access the internet via mobile only; 11% access the internet via desktop only.
- 4 out of 5 consumers shop on smartphones; Mobile traffic makes up over 52% of all global online traffic (2017).
- 40% of smartphone and tablet owners search for B2B products on those devices.
- In 15 minutes of content consumption, two-thirds of people would rather read something well designed than something plain; 38% of people will stop engaging if you create a website with unattractive content/layout.
- 48% of people said a website's design was the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business.
- 94% of people said web design was the reason they mistrusted or rejected a website.
- 72% of people entrusted online reviews just as much as personal recommendations.
- 62% of companies with responsive websites for mobile platforms increased their sales and 64% of companies with responsive websites designed for tablets increased sales.
- 67% of shoppers preferred websites that were compatible with mobile devices.
- In 2017, mobile eCommerce revenue accounted for 50% of total eCommerce. It's only expected to go up from here.
- 57% say they won't recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
- The days of brilliant website design without good responsive website design services are dead. If your content marketing does not display well on their device, nearly 8 in 10 customers would stop engaging with content
And that's exactly what a responsive website does. It handles all the different requirements of different devices including grids, layouts, images, and CSS media queries as well as understanding the different behaviors these devices inspire.
It also accounts for resolution, image size, scripting abilities, device settings like VPN for iOS so that your website won't be blocked by certain devices.
Your website design should be technologically enabled to automatically respond to a user's preferences. Fortunately, a responsive website doesn't require a different design and development phase for every possible device.
Like responsive architecture, Web design should automatically adjust. It shouldn't require countless custom-made solutions for each new category of users.
As recently as 2011, web-influenced retail sales amounted to $1.1 trillion of all retail sales; by 2017 it was $1.7 trillion. By all indications, we can only expect more growth ahead.
And the burden is on effective responsive website design services to get it right: According to Google, 61% of users said they'd be unlikely to return to a mobile site if they had trouble accessing, and 40% of them said they'd visit a competitor's site instead.
Website design matters " no matter the device.
It's time to get on board with a responsive website: This is the market you're in " your users will expect no less.
In fact, 83% of users say such seamless integration is expected. Many users, especially younger ones, often use more than one device at a time.
The time for good website design has never been more urgent.
Anything less is not a winning marketing plan. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to desktop conversion rates.
And of those looking for businesses on their mobile devices, 88% of them call or go to that business within 24 hours.
Still, small businesses aren't getting the message. As of 2017, only 17% of small businesses had a responsive website that was mobile friendly. In 2015, that number was 11.8% " just over a 5% increase.
We are transitioning not just into a mobile-first world, it may soon me mobile-only! Techies call it Mobilegeddon. Soon, a responsive website will be the only kind of website design in business.
The trend is smartphones are becoming the much bigger market. And it's only growing!