Having excellent written content on your business' website is great. However, if you want to build a website then explainer videos do a better job of hooking your audience right from the start. After all, isn't that the objective?
In this article, we will review what an explainer video is and share with you our best tips to create engaging videos for your business. Let’s get started with these key points:
Where businesses have a hard time getting their point across with text, an animated video helps make things much easier.
Once potential customers make their way to your website, they can read about your business all they want.
But, the best explainer video companies tell these individuals exactly what they need to know without the hassle of searching through a plethora of pages full of text.
An explainer video is a video animation that explains what a business offers and how their product can help their potential customers. This type of video is both engaging and compelling.
Unlike many marketing or tutorial videos, explainer videos are short. Most of them are no more than 90 seconds long.
They are simply bite-sized bits of information meant to provide you with the concise knowledge you need about any given company.
The first company to utilize an explainer video was Common Craft. In 2007, they chose to create a video that would explain how to use their new website, Twitter.
As we know, the video turned out to be a major success, Twitter reached over a million users and that is when businesses quickly realized that Common Craft was on to something.
Moreover, Dropbox increased their conversion rates by 10% with the inclusion of an explainer video on their site.
- Multi-lingual Admin Panel
- Little to no server requirements
- Built-file Maintenance and cybersecurity.
- Built-in Audit Logs
Though videos like this are ideal for companies like Twitter due to its online presence, explainer videos are the best choice for any business that is looking to get their message to the public quickly and effectively.
Not only will they provide all the information that a customer needs, but it's also easy to share across the various social media service platforms. The more shares your video gets, the better ROI you stand to gain.
Now that we understand that an explainer video is used to explain things, let's talk more in depth about how they are used.
- Overviews- The very basic use of an explainer video is to introduce a company or a product. In a concise way, it reveals everything a potential client needs to know.
- Process/Idea- Explainer videos are also used to help explain a process or an idea. Animation helps to paint a nice picture or a great logo design for your potential customers.
- Tutorials- An explainer video is great for offering tutorials on how to use a particular product. No one wants to waste hours trying to understand a user's manual.
As you can see, explainer videos make complex ideas simple. If you're not sold on exactly what explainer videos can do for your business, let's look closer.
- Boost Sales & Conversions- Placing a video on your website and landing pages, can increase your conversions a great deal. Because humans are visual creatures by nature, potential customers are more likely to convert after watching an entertaining explainer video.
- Build Trust- Including an explainer video as part of your marketing approach will help you appeal to your target audience. They'll feel that they can trust you and that your company is relatable. Studies show that 57% of customers are more willing to purchase a product after seeing their video online.
- Boost search engine marketing- Longer time spent on your site means Google will see your site as having great content.
- Videos connect well with mobile users- With users choosing to watch videos on the go, video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- Customer Retention- Creating a video with your current customers in mind will give them the sense that you truly care about them. Thus, they will remain loyal to your brand.
When creating an explainer video for your company, your chosen team of experienced professionals will be sure to follow several standard steps.
- Answer Important Questions- A great explainer video will get right to the point. It will discuss what the product is, how the product can help, and why the client should buy it.
- Keep it Simple- Don't try to get fancy by adding a bunch of bells and whistles or huge buzzwords. Instead, allow viewers to fully understand your message by keeping the content as simple as possible.
- Add Humor- A little humor is a great component to add to an explainer video. The audience will find it relatable and it shows that you as a business don't take yourself too seriously.
- Include a Call to Action- The purpose and intent of the explainer video should be clearly understood to the viewer. If there is any confusion, you may risk potential customers not watching the video in its entirety or having those potential customers leave your website without taking any action at all.
You wouldn't want to risk causing unintended damage to your website. Instead, our web agency will ensure that your systems are properly put in place and that your website is fully optimized for SEO service.
Animate- More often than not, explainer videos utilize animated characters. This creates a simplistic vibe for viewers. If not done properly, live action videos can prove to be boring and unappealing to potential customers.
Special Effects- Explainer videos also come with music and colors that appeal to the company's target audience while still remaining true to their branding service.
Call in a Pro- Professional voice over artists are used to explain the contents of the video.
Create High Quality- These videos must be high quality, failure to do so will result in you losing your target audience and increasing your website's bounce rate.
The best way to measure the results of your explainer video is to set goals for it ahead of time. Below are a few questions you may want to consider asking yourself about the video.
How will you drive viewership?- You'll need a plan for how to get people to watch your video.
Where will your audience come from?- Whether you're counting on social media marketing or word of mouth, this knowledge is important as well.
How much website traffic do you already have?- Knowing your current number will help you to better track your numbers in the future.
What exactly do you want viewers to do after watching the video?- Your intention should be made clear in the video. From viewer response, you and your team can decide what adjustments need to be made.
When creating an explainer video, choosing the right type is paramount. Explainer videos fall into one of these three categories.
Animated - This option is the most popular one. These videos are relatable to everyone and fairly simple to create.
Frequently used styles of animated explainer videos include an infographic, chalkboard, product simulation, character-driven, and motion graphic.
- Live Action- Instead of using animation, this type of explainer video uses real people or objects to get your company's message across. This type of video is harder to create with excellence.
However, it does have the potential to be a success. The narrator of the video is usually the CEO of the business.
The will explain to the viewer exactly what their company is about while taking them on a visual journey.
- Crowdfunding- This type of explainer video combines both animated and live-action components.
However, this video will be longer than average because the business or organization must include more information about how the funds will be spent.
A video such as this can be extremely successful or an extreme failure. It all depends on its execution.
Though there are a slew of explainer video categories, there is a reason why most business owners choose to go the animated route.
- Cost Effective- An animated video has less cost than all other types and still receives high conversions.
- A Chance of Being Watched- Your brain is more likely to respond to animation due to the fact that most of us enjoyed watching cartoons as small children.
- Focuses on the Brand- Without having to worry about the cost of a live action camera crew and actors, you can focus more on creating a great branding service. Your animators will help it to come to life.
- Smoother Post-Production- An animated explainer video is much easier to edit than a live action one. For instance, in a live action video, you'd have to call back the actors and the camera crew if you don't like the outcome of the video and would like to start from scratch. With an animated video, these tasks won't be necessary.
With all of that being said, there are reasons why some business' choose to step out of the box and shoot a different type of explainer video.
However, if you're just starting and you want to make a great impression, it's best to keep things simple.
Our amazing team will put together a phenomenal animated explainer video that will gain the conversions that you've been waiting for.
The process of creating an explainer video isn't a simple task. But, it's well worth it in the end. It involves a pre-production, production, and post-production process. Below are the further steps that are required.
- Concept- During the pre-production phase of your explainer video, you and a team of professionals will compose a properly written script. Following that, you along with your team will plan the details of your video shoot.
- Animation/Shooting- If you plan to animate your video, the production period is where the process begins. The same can be said for shooting a live action video.
- Editing- Editing happens during post-production. You'll piece together your video, record your voice over, and in any music or special effects.
The process will be adjusted accordingly depending on whether you are making a live video or an animated one.
It is strongly recommended that you work with a team of industry professionals in an effort to keep from "biting off more than you can chew."
A skilled group of professionals will offer you the necessary guidance you need to help produce an excellent final product.
The first draft of your explainer video should not be the one that you use. You're going to want to go over it a few times to ensure that you're putting out a top-quality product.
You wouldn't want to produce anything less than the best! Here are a few tips to ensure that you'll be happy with the outcome
- Share it with others- Before you launch your video out into the public, you should have your loved ones, friends, and production team watch it and offer valuable feedback. You can never have too much feedback. This will help to make the product the best it can be.
- Make Changes- If you find that your script is lackluster or the affects could use some work, don't be afraid to implement the necessary changes. Putting your best foot forward is crucial.
- Avoid Doing Too Much- There's a fine line between editing and becoming obsessed. Keep in mind this is a short video meant to serve a purpose. Make it look great and don't stress over it. It should be short, sweet, and to the point.
After the creation of your video, you'll want to prepare for its launch. Nothing should be left to chance. Three factors must be taken into consideration.
- Hosting- First, you'll need a platform to host your video. There are plenty of highly regarded options out there. All it takes is research on the perfect one for you.
- Marketing Plan- This will allow you to come up with a strategy for your video to be seen. You could incorporate it into your blog pages, social media, landing pages, etc.
- Place Video Explainer on Website- Don't get so excited about the creation of the video that you forget to actually place it on your website.
This is where your target audience will watch it and recommend your business to like-minded individuals.
Not only are explainer videos informative and engaging, but they also do a lot more to boost your brand. Below are just some of the many highlights.
- Capture Your Audience- An explainer video does a great job of delivering a good amount of company information in a short amount of time. This video grabs attention and keeps visitors interested.
- Increased Visibility- With customers staying on your page, Google will see that as favorable and increase your website's ranking. When that happens more and more visitors will visit your website.
- Boosts Conversion Rates- Video content such as this is perfect to include on your business' landing page. Explainer videos are said to grow conversion rates by 20%. Because they are so engaging and concise, customers are more willing to watch and take action.
- Brand Awareness- If done right, your explainer video will also increase your brand awareness. Try using the colors that are associated with your brand within your animation.
Also, tailor the characters to match the look and style of your target audience. Viewers will see this and instantly make the connection between your brand and themselves.
- Adaptability- Because explainer videos have become so affordable to make, they can be changed fairly easily and painlessly.
Smartphones have come a long way since their creation and have the capability to create a website great video content.
With the technology that is available today the possibilities for your explainer video are endless.
- Shows off Benefits- With an explainer video, you can show the audience the benefit of your product right then and there.
They won't have to read through and endless description just to get to the good part.
A video will allow the audience to really see just how your product can benefit their lifestyle.
- Shows Value- By incorporating testimonials, charts, or graphs, you can even show just how valuable your company is. Numbers don't lie!
- Sharable- An explainer video is not limited to only your website. It can be viewed across all of your social media platforms and be easily shared with others.
Google favors websites with great video content. Keeping that in mind, your explainer video has a great chance of appearing high on Google search engine rankings.
Your rankings will also improve with the inclusion of inbound links or pathways that lead back to your website.
The more that customers click on it, the higher your videos ROI, and the higher your website's ranking will be.
Video explainers also increase audience retention, that means viewers will stay on your website for twice as long. In the world of SEO, this is called great dwell time.
Because video is so highly consumed by the public, you can also look forward to gaining higher click-through rates. Making the simple choice to include an explainer video on your landing page can increase your conversion rates by 80%.
If your explainer video is well-received on social media sites, then these videos will improve your SEO.
Consistent sharing of your video will show Google that you are a credible and reliable source of information. In light of this, your video could reach the top of SERPs.
As mentioned previously, much goes into creating the perfect explainer video. One wrong move could set your video up for failure. In order to set you up for success, we'd like to outline some of the common mistakes that are made with explainer videos.
- A Terrible Script- In an explainer video, your script is everything. Neglecting the importance of this is not acceptable. A great script will be brief, informative, and engaging.
- Poor Quality- In the age of crystal clear HD viewing, poor quality just won't do. You must ensure that your video is of the highest quality.
Viewers are likely to leave your site if your video appears grainy, discolored, or has bad sound.
In other words, avoid making your video appear cheap. With the help of a great agency, this shouldn't be an issue.
- Overly Serious- People have a tendency to lose interest quickly. Therefore, if your video sounds too serious or even boring, you're going to lose your audience. Adding in a touch of humor or fun will add a little something extra.
Choosing to incorporate an explainer video into your digital marketing campaign is a foolproof idea. You literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Creating an explainer video will allow your potential customers to get a better idea of what your company is all about. Keeping it simple is the key to explainer video success.
This is the time where visitors would prefer to minimize time spent reading company information. Instead, a video gives them what they need in a short window of time.
Not only will it deliver your message in an engaging and informative way, but it will also improve your search engine rankings and improve your website engagement.
If you've considered creating an explainer video for your business and haven't followed through with it, we hope this text provides you with the motivation to go for it. Following our carefully laid out guidelines should help to prepare you well for the task ahead.
However, we offer you a word of caution. Trying to create an explainer video is no simple task. It's going to take a planned marketing strategy and proper execution.
It is very necessary to hire a team of qualified and experienced professionals. When it comes to your business's image, you should settle for nothing less than the best!
Here at dopweb, our seasoned professionals have helped construct countless explainer videos, so you can put your trust in our capable hands. We put our all into everything that we do!
Our professional designers will sit down with you from the pre-production stage to post-production so we can ensure that you're completely satisfied with our work.
Here, we take your business just as seriously as you do! But don't just take our word for it. Put our skills to the test today. We guarantee you won't regret it.